At Florence Unified School District #1
We Put “KIDS FIRST”
These two little words make a big difference when the District Vision Statement becomes a way of life, and the last six years have shown what a difference a caring, dedicated and focused staff can make. Under the leadership of Dr. Gary Nine, and with the warm support of our parents and community, Florence Unified School District has become a leader in educational technology in Arizona, and every school has turned around previously lackluster performances to achieve ratings of performing, performing plus or highly performing - and we just keep getting better. (For more information, click on red underlined terms.)
- One-to-One Computing at both high school campuses
- Eight Computers in every core classroom at the K-8 level
- Interactive Whiteboards in every classroom
- Educational Software utilized to reinforce standards taught, practice lessons learned, and assess comprehension
- International Baccalaureate Program at Florence High School (only one in Pinal County, and one of only 14 in the state)
- Curriculum: FUSD is partnered with over 40 school districts throughout AZ through Beyond Textbooks. BT is a curriculum and collaboration resource that brings over 6,000 educators together in AZ to challenge our students at each student's individual level. The new national Common Core Standards require our students to become better problem solvers and critical thinkers. BT provides the resources and the collaboration necessary to effectively educate and motivate our students.
- Differentiated Instruction is used in many classrooms to achieve small-group results within the larger classroom setting
- Standards Based Grading closely reflects student learning and growth.
- Full Range of Electives offered, including Band, Chorus, Orchestra, Art, Drama, Foreign Languages and more
- High Expectations for All
- Full Range of Sports Teams, including JV and Freshmen
- "Pay-to-Participate" initiated as of January, 2012
- Tradition of Excellence in Sports for more than 80 years!
Florence USD consists of seven K-8 schools, two high schools, an online school, an alternative school and a school for students with severe emotional disabilities. All schools are located in Florence and San Tan Valley. For a list of the schools, contact information and links to the school websites, click here.